Browse hotels in Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island
There are many Phu Quoc hotels and resorts that will provide you will all of the amenities that you could ask for.
For the foodies among you, Phu Quoc has some of the finest seafood available, with fresh catches to be snatched up at the famous Ham Ninh Fishing Village. If seafood isn't for you, many of the hotels in Phu Quoc will provide a wide range of cuisine, from local Vietnamese to international dishes – not to mention all of the other local eateries! Oh, and the Phu Quoc Night Market will provide you with ample opportunity to sample some Vietnamese delicacies.
If you are an adventure seeker and would like to do more than just kick-back and sunbathe on the beach, you will find no shortage of things to experience. Some Phu Quoc hotels deal in motorbike rentals so you can tour the island at your leisure. There are also some great diving and snorkelling locations for the ocean-lovers among you.
The top things to do on Phu Quoc Island
While you might imagine that there would be very little to do on a tropical island paradise besides swimming and sunbathing, Phu Quoc has a wealth of exciting experiences for you to indulge yourself with:
- Explore Phu Quoc's many beautiful beaches: Sao Beach, Long Beach, North Long Beach, South Long Beach (to name a few) – most of us will never get tired of experiencing new and stunning beaches, so you can make it your goals to see as many as you can, if not all of them, or pick your favourite and hunker down for the duration of your stay. Along with the beaches themselves you will find all kinds of entertainment to be had from live music to fire shows, so check it out for yourself.
- Hire a motorbike and cruise around the island – Phu Quoc Island is 50km long and 25km wide, way too big to see it all on foot, but getting a motorbike is quick and easy, and the best way to see the island. You can head to quieter beaches, take in views from all over the place, and really get to know where you are.
- Dine at the Phu Quoc Night Market – night markets are always great fun, taking something that is already cool in the daytime and adding the joy of shopping and exploring after dark. Night markets are also a fabulous place to pick up some local food. You can find snack places that just sell corn on the cob, or skewers of hot tasty meats, or go for a full sit down meal while watching the world go by.
- Ride in the Phu Quoc Cable Car – the cable car offers another incredible perspective for you to view you the island from. Taking about 15 minutes each way, you can rise above everything, take some pictures, and admire the view.
- Visit Starfish Beach
- Go scuba diving and snorkelling – for many people scuba diving and snorkelling are a key reason to visit Phu Quoc. It is known for having some beautiful species of coral, as well as abundant marine life of other kinds, and will leave you with memories to last a lifetime.
- Eat seafood at the Ham Ninh Fishing Village – so known for their seafood that there is a Ham Ninh Crab, named for the village, if you choose to head here you will eat some of the best, freshest, and most delicious seafood in your life.
- Go fishing with the locals – if it's not enough for you to simply eat the seafood, you can go out and catch your own too. It is a real experience to head out with someone who knows all about fishing to see how they do it and have a go for yourself, and you can eat what you catch too as long as the trip goes well.
- Hike to the Suoi Tranh Waterfall – considered to be one of the most impressive sights to see on Phu Quoc, the Suoi Tranh Waterfall is not the largest in the world at around 4 metres, but it is picturesque. You can head to the area and wander round the natural caves, relax to the soothing sounds of the water, and enjoy the glory of the jungle all at the same time.
Other things to do:
- Watch the beautiful sunset at Mango Bay
- Explore the Coi Nguon Museum
- Eat fish and chips at the famous Rory's bar and restaurant
- Swim in the Da Ban Spring
- Tour the local pepper farms
- Sample wine at the Sim Wine Factory and vineyard
- See the Ho Quoc Pagoda
- See Phu Quoc Prison
- Tour a fish sauce factory
There are many wonderful sights to see and authentic experiences to be had on Phu Quoc island. If you can't decide what to do while you are there on holiday, most Phu Quoc hotels will have a concierge service who you can leverage for expert-advice on the best spots on the island to suit your tastes.
If you relish the idea of a tropical island escape in Vietnam, then you won't have any trouble finding the best hotels in Phu Quoc. Whether you want to stay in a 5-star hotel in Phu Quoc, or you are more interested in a laid-back Phu Quoc eco beach resort, we have plenty of variety for you to choose from, accommodating all tastes and budget requirements.