• Lamb cut, finely minced – ½ kg
• Raw Papaya paste – about 2 tbspn
• Garam Masala - ½ tspn
• Cinnamon Powder - ¼ tspn
• Onion Paste (fried) - ¼ cup
• Mace powder - ¼ tspn
• Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tspn
• Chili Powder - 2 tspn
• Chopped coriander - 1 tspn
• Roasted gram flour - 2 tbspn
• Ghee - 100 ml
• Saffron water - ½ tspn
• Salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix minced mutton, raw papaya paste, ½ tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp cinnamon powder, ¼ tsp mace powder, ¼ cup of fried onion paste, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tsp chilli powder, finely chopped coriander, 2 tbsp roasted gram flour, 100 ml ghee, ½ tsp saffron water and salt to taste.
2. Place the mince towards the outer side of container to create an empty space in the centre. Now, gently place a small bowl with live coal, 3-4 cloves and pour a drop of ghee. You’ll see a smoky flame erupt. Quickly cover the bowl with a lid for 5 minutes.
3. Now let’s remove the lid and keep aside the small bowl with coal. The smoky aroma has been infused into the mixture. Mix the mince well once again. Make into a size of tennis balls. Flatten them into patties and keep aside.
4. Heat a griddle on medium heat, sprinkle some ghee. Place the flattened patties and cook slowly on both sides giving a nice golden colour on both sides. And voila! Serve these hot and sizzling kebabs with sheermal.
• ¼ tsp saffron
• 2 cups refined flour
• ½ cup ghee
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp green cardamom powder
• Salt to taste
• ½ cup milk
• Ghee for brushing
1. Combine ¼ tsp saffron with 1 tsp hot milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
2. Now let’s mix 2 cups of refined flour, ½ cup ghee, 1 tspn sugar, 1 tspn baking powder, ½ tspn green cardamom powder, pinch of saffron powder, salt to taste and ghee in a bowl and knead by adding little water into a soft dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Now that the dough has rested, divide it into small balls. Roll each ball using a little refined flour to make nice and round sheermals.
4. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle and place the Sheermal over it and cook it on slow heat then turn over. Cook the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from the both sides. Brush each Sheermal with a little ghee.
Plate it with the piping hot Galouti Kebabs and watch your family sinfully devour it.