Planning a trip to the Irish capital? We’ve spoken to a born-and-raised Dubliner to bring you a list of locally loved spots, so you can enjoy a true taste of the city away from the tourist crowd.
Eat like a local in Dublin
Our locals' favourite eateries include a little something for everyone, so even the fussiest eaters can be satisfied with what’s on offer.
For straight-up burgers, head to BUNSEN. Since opening the burger joint has spread to multiple locations across Ireland – there are five branches in Dublin alone, so you’re sure to find your fix no matter which area you’re staying in.
The menu is easy, with no frills and certainly no fanciness. Choose a hamburger, double, cheeseburger, or double. Choose your toppings from a small selection of classics. Add fries, a soda, milkshake, or beer, and delve in.
TIP: Do it right and add every topping to your burger for the full BUNSEN experience.
This food, festival, and events spot is perfect for a casual bite when you don’t know what you fancy. Grab a Handsome Burger, flavourful Olea flatbread, or treat yourself to a Sweet Churro. There’s ice cream for little ones and Brewtonic Bar for the adults.
Drink like a local in Dublin
Daytime drinks in Dublin
· Grogan’s Castle Lounge – a proper Irish pub with the best Guinness serve in the city!
· Mulligan’s – a traditional and quirky spot
· Long Hall – another traditional Irish pub
· The Porterhouse – serves a huge selection of drinks including the Ultimate Beer List
· Blackbird – a fun spot for drinks with friendsEvening drinks in Dublin
· The Bernard Shaw – a Dublin institution with outdoor space, art and exhibition spaces, and Big Blue Pizza Bus
· Sam’s Bar – an elegant art deco cocktail bar
· Sophie’s – a modern glasshouse restaurant-bar with 360-degree views of the city